Update video alert policies
A video alert policy is automatically created for the admin user in your organisation who has been using Reveal the longest.
If you are receiving too many notifications or you want other people to receive them, you can update the video alert policy.
The policy admin must first give you Full access in Admin > Manage Roles and Permissions.
To do this, follow these steps:
- In Reveal, go to the Alerts tab
- Choose the Overview or Policies tab
- Next to the video alert policy you want to edit, select the pencil icon
From the Video Alert Overview page, you can:
- Choose which vehicles, drivers, and groups that you monitor
- Change the time and frequency of alerts
- Update alert recipients and delivery options
- Disable alerts
- Avoid duplicate alerts.
Choose what to monitor
When you create a new alerts policy, your entire fleet is monitored by default. To update the vehicles, drivers, and group that are monitored, do the following:
- Next to Resources select EDIT
- Select the vehicles, drivers, and groups to monitor, and select SAVE
Change the time and frequency of alerts
By default, alert notifications are sent every day, the moment that videos are available to watch.
To update the times and frequency of alerts, do the following:
- Next to Times select EDIT
- Decide when you want to receive alerts and choose SAVE
Update alert recipients and delivery options
By default, the admin user who has been active the longest in Reveal will receive alert notifications.
These notifications are sent by pop-up messages in Reveal and by email.
Admins can select the users who will receive the alerts and how they will receive them. Do the following:
- Next to Alert Recipients or Delivery Options select EDIT
- Choose to send a copy of the alert to the driver, if you want to
- Update your preferences and select SAVE
To deactivate an alerts policy:
- Select the blue Enabled toggle once. It will become gray once disabled.
- Select CLOSE
Avoid duplicate alerts
To avoid receiving a harsh driving alert and a video alert for the same event, remove video-enabled vehicles from your harsh driving alert policies by amending the Alert Recipients.
If you’re not receiving alerts, check with your admin that you are on the recipient list for the policy.