Edit customer notifications
Customer notifications are updates sent automatically to Reveal Field customers by email and text message.
Note: You may need to get permission from your administrator to access Settings. Here are the different types of customer notifications:
- Job confirmation: notifies the customer when a job is added to the Scheduler.
- Job reminder: reminds the customer of an upcoming job, 24 hours before the start time.
A reminder will only be sent if the job has been sent to the technician’s mobile device.
- Technician on the way: Lets the customer know when a technician is on the way to a job location. This is sent when the technician updates their job status to On My Way using the Reveal Field mobile app.
- Job review: This is sent to the customer to ask them to review their experience of a job.
- Technician delayed: Sent to the customer when a technician is delayed to a job. The message includes a new Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA).
- Click the Scheduler tab and then choose the Settings icon
- To view Customer notifications, click Email and text messages and then click Customers.
Here, you can see if Job confirmation and Job reminder notifications are enabled or disabled.
To change their status, select EDIT and then check the Enable box on the next page.
Note: If notifications are enabled, customers receive both a text and an email.
Editing notification templates
The email template contains two fields: a subject line and email body. The text message template contains a message body field.
You can edit the suggested text in the templates to customise the notifications.
You can also add placeholders to the template to add more information.
To edit the notification templates, follow these steps:
- In Scheduler, choose Settings Email and text messages Customers.
- To open a template, click EDIT
- To enable notifications, check the Enable this for email and text checkbox.
- To add a placeholder to the template, in the Email body field, click where you want to put the placeholder.
- In the placeholder list, click the name of the placeholder you want to add. When a notification is sent to the customer, it will include the information you added.
Emails and text messages will be sent automatically to the contact details saved under the Job ID for this job.
The customer will receive both an email and a text message if they provided details for these.
Note: You can add HTML tags to the body of the email. Changes will apply to the email received by the customer.
Send test emails and texts
To send a test customer notification, follow these steps:
- In the template editor, below the template, click Send Test.
- In the Send a test email pop-up, enter an email address and click SEND TEST.
- In the Send text message pop-up, enter a cell phone number and click SEND TEST.
Note: You can only send test notifications to one email address and one phone number.
To learn about adding company branding to your emails, see Add Company Branding.