Edit technician notifications
Technician notifications are updates sent to your technicians by text message and email.
All notifications are enabled by default and sent automatically.
There are three types of technician notifications:
- Job dispatched: A technician receives this message when a job has been assigned to them.
- Job rescheduled: A technician receives this message when the date or time of a job has been changed.
- Job reassigned: A technician receives this message when a job has been removed from their schedule.
Set up notifications
Note: To view and set up notifications, you may need your administrator to enable permissions in Reveal.
To set up notifications, follow these steps:
- Click the Scheduler tab and then choose Settings (cog icon)
- To view notifications, choose Email and text messages Technicians.
- To change the status of notifications, select EDIT and then check the Enable box on the next page, or uncheck it to turn notifications off.
When notifications are enabled, technicians who have the Reveal Field Mobile App will receive both a text message and an app notification to notify them about jobs.
Edit notification templates
You can customise the messages sent to technicians so that they communicate the most relevant information.
To edit the notification templates, follow these steps:
- In Scheduler, choose Settings (cog icon) Email and text messages Technicians.
- To open a template, click EDIT. You can edit the suggested text in the message body field and add more information using the placeholders.
To add a placeholder, click where you want it to go in the text message body field, then click on the placeholder you want to add.
When the text message is sent to the customer it will include the information you added.
For example, if you selected the placeholder Technician name, the name of the technician will show in the message when it is sent.
The technician will receive both a text message and an app push notification if they have the Reveal Field Mobile App installed on their mobile device.
Send a test message
To send a test text message, follow these steps:
- Below the template, click Send test.
- In the Send a text message pop-up, enter a mobile phone number and click SEND TEST.
Note: You can only send a test notification to one phone number at a time.