Add vehicles to Reveal using the "Get started" page
This article describes how to add vehicles to Reveal using the Get started page, which is displayed to some customers. The page might be shown to you when you have placed a new Reveal subscription order for one or more of your vehicles, either as a new customer or as an existing customer. The page allows you to add your vehicle details so that we can determine whether your vehicles have built-in telematics or not. You can then choose whether to use built-in telematics (if applicable) or aftermarket vehicle trackers in your vehicles
If you have access to this page, you will be able to see it for 15 days after you have placed your order.
It is important that you enter your vehicle details. Without them, we cannot activate or install your tracking hardware. Only when you have activated the built-in telematics, or installed your vehicle trackers, are you able to track your vehicles using Reveal.
How to access the “Get started” page
The Get started page is available only to some customers, and only for 15 days after a new Reveal subscription order has been placed.
If you are a new customer, you are taken to the Get started page after you have logged in to Reveal for the first time.
If you are an existing customer, you will receive an email and a notification within Reveal. You can follow the link from either of these to the Get started page. You can also find the Get started page under My Account in Reveal.
The Get started page is available for 15 days. If you have not entered your vehicle details within this time frame, we will contact you with instructions on how to provide them.
While on the Get started page, you can click DO THIS LATER to delay entering your vehicle details. In this case, you will receive reminder emails until you have entered your vehicle details.
Step 1: Enter your vehicle details
If you have placed an order that triggers the Get started page to be displayed in Reveal, you will receive an email reminding you to provide your vehicle details.
After clicking the GET STARTED link in the email, or after logging in to Reveal, the Get started page opens. This page shows an Enter details link for each vehicle subscription that you have purchased.
To add your vehicle details on this page:
- For each vehicle, click Enter details.
- Enter either your vehicle’s VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) or the vehicle's year, make, and model. In order for us to determine whether your vehicle has built-in telematics, you need to provide your vehicle’s VIN.
- Click NEXT.
- If you have built-in telematics in the vehicle that you are adding details for, you will see the following page, where you can select between Built-in telematics and Vehicle tracker. Built-in telematics is the recommended option. If you select Vehicle tracker, we will send you the appropriate aftermarket tracking unit to install into your vehicle.
- To confirm that the details you entered are correct, click CONFIRM. If you see a mistake, click BACK and correct the details.
- To enter the details for your remaining vehicles, click Enter details.
- When you have entered the details for all your vehicles, click FINISH. The Get started page closes, and you are taken to your default landing page in Reveal.
Step 2: Connect to your built-in telematics (built-in telematics option only)
One of the options for connecting your vehicle to Reveal for tracking purposes is to use the telematics solution that is built into the vehicle. Currently, this option is available only for Ford vehicles and only for those Ford vehicles that have been built since 2018.
The benefits of using built-in telematics include:
- No vehicle downtime because no installation is required
- Quick to set up and start using Reveal
- Tamper proof
Ensure that you have completed all steps to connect a Ford vehicle with built-in telematics to Reveal.
Step 3: Install your hardware (vehicle tracker option only)
For information on vehicle tracking options, see What types of vehicle tracking options are available?
We will send you the appropriate hardware to install into your vehicles or contact you to arrange an installation appointment.
If this is a self-install, follow these instructions on how to install the Verizon Connect hardware. We recommend using the Spotlight mobile app for the installation.
If a third-party professional installer will install your hardware, we will contact you to arrange a suitable time to do this.
Step 4: Take your vehicle for a drive
To get the vehicle tracker to start sending data to Reveal, take your vehicle for a drive for a few minutes. The drive must be long enough, and with clear line-line-of-sight visibility of the sky, for the hardware in your vehicle to establish a GPS connection.
Step 5: View the activation status of your vehicles (built-in telematics option only)
To check whether your vehicles with built-in telematics are connected to Reveal, or still have outstanding tasks to complete, go to the Built-in telematics page in Reveal. This page shows the status of your vehicle activation.