View and manage vehicles and assets
When GPS trackers are installed into your vehicles and assets, the installer also adds the vehicles and assets to Reveal. These vehicles and assets are listed on the Vehicles and Assets page, which you can access from Account Profile > Admin > Vehicles and Assets.
On the Vehicles and Assets page, you can do the following:
- View vehicle and asset information
- Search and filter the vehicles and assets list
- Edit vehicle and asset information, and configure asset tracking devices
- Assign vehicles and assets to a category
- Open the Categories page, where you can view, create, edit, and delete categories
The Vehicles and Assets page shows the following information for each vehicle and asset:
- Name: The name of the vehicle or asset.
- Number: The number of the vehicle or asset, as specified in the Vehicle Number or Asset Number field.
- Make: The manufacturer of the vehicle or asset.
- Category: The category that the vehicle or asset has been assigned to. The coloured square beside the category name indicates the colour that has been assigned to the category. See the following for more information about vehicle and asset categories:
- Driver: For vehicles, this column either shows the driver who is currently assigned to the vehicle, or is blank if there is no driver assigned. For assets, this column is blank.
- Last at: The last known street address of the vehicle or asset.
- Updated: The date and time when the vehicle or asset last reported its status.
- Tracker: For vehicles, this column displays “Vehicle”. For assets, this column displays the type of tracker installed on the asset; either “Powered asset” or “Non-powered asset”. Hover your mouse over the tooltip to see more information about tracker types.
View vehicles and assets
To open the Vehicles and Assets page:
- In Reveal, from the top right corner of the screen, click Account Profile > Admin.
- From the Admin page, click Vehicles and Assets to open the Vehicles and Assets page.
Search for a vehicle or asset
Use the Search field in the search and filter panel to find a vehicle or asset.
To search for a vehicle or asset:
- From the Vehicles and Assets page, enter your search term in the Search field. You can search for any of the following:
- Vehicle or asset name
- Vehicle or asset number
- Year and make
- ESN (Electronic Serial Number)
- Registration number
- Assigned driver
- Click APPLY, or press Enter on your keyboard. To view the full vehicles and assets list again, click CLEAR .
The following screenshot shows the vehicles and assets list after a search term has been applied.
Filter the vehicles and assets list
Use the filter fields in the search and filter panel to find a vehicle or asset.
To filter the vehicles and assets list:
- In the search and filter panel, select an option from at least one drop-down menu to filter the vehicles and assets list.
The filter fields are as follows:
- Last update status
All filter fields have Select All and Deselect All buttons. When you open a filter drop-down menu, all options are selected by default.
The following screenshot shows the Category filter field drop-down menu.
- Click Apply, or press Enter on your keyboard.
To view the full vehicles and assets list again, click CLEAR.
The following screenshot shows the vehicles and assets list after a category filter has been applied.
Edit vehicle or asset information
Click the EDIT icon to open the Edit Vehicle page. See the Update vehicle and powered asset information help page for guidance on how to edit the information shown on this page.
Assign a vehicle or asset to a category
You can assign your vehicles and assets to a default category, or a category that you have created. Assigning your vehicles and assets to categories makes it easier to manage your fleet.
The default categories are “Heavy equipment”, “Heavy vehicles”, “Light vehicles”, “Small equipment”, and “Trailers”.
To assign a vehicle or asset to a category:
- From the Vehicles and Assets page, select the vehicles and assets that you want to assign to a category.
If your selected vehicles and assets are already assigned to a category, following these steps assigns them to a new category.
- Click ASSIGN CATEGORY to open the Assign category dialog box.
- From the Category field drop-down menu, select a category.
- Click APPLY. The Category column on the Vehicles and Assets page is updated to show the category that the vehicles and assets are now assigned to.