Find nearest vehicle
The Find Nearest function allows you to enter a vehicle location or an address and then see the 10 closest vehicles to that point.
There are three different ways to access the Find Nearest function from the Live Map:
- Right-click on any location on the Live Map.
- Right-click on the status icon of any vehicle (or driver or asset) on the Live Map.
- Use the three-dot icon found beside each vehicle in the Vehicle Status list.
Using Find NearestThe Find Nearest function opens another map in a separate window.
You will see a list of active vehicles nearest to the vehicle location that you selected on the Live Map, on the left. The list will show a maximum of the 10 closest vehicles, active in the last 24 hours.
If you do not see a full list of vehicles:
- Check the Group: Vehicles Selected drop-down, to make sure you have selected all the relevant groups of vehicles.
- Change your Time Frame - by default, only vehicles that have been updated in the last three days will be shown.
Each vehicle in the list will show their distance from the point you indicated, and an estimated time for the journey between the two points.
From the list, you can get directions to a specific vehicle using the GET DIRECTIONS button. You will be shown the distance between the two points, and also an estimated time for the journey.
Estimated time results shown within Find Nearest are powered by Google Maps. Google uses various factors to calculate estimated time, including:
- Available data in an area
- Speed limits and recommended speeds
- Speeds derived from road types
- Historical average speed data
- Actual travel times from previous users
- Real-time traffic information
Note: When you select a vehicle location, you are selecting the location of the vehicle at that time, not the actual vehicle. A vehicle can continue moving to another location.