Assets are added to Reveal when a tracking unit is installed on powered or non-powered assets, such as trailers, diggers, and cherry pickers.
Powered assets are not vehicles (but may appear on Live Map as vehicles).
Non-powered assets are any piece of equipment that does not have a starter motor / ignition / power source.
From the Asset List screen, you can:
- View and edit asset information to help you identify the asset in Reveal.
- Add more asset details to improve the accuracy of reports.
- Add assets to groups.
- View the location history of your assets so you can see where the asset was at the time an incident occurred.
To open the Asset List, choose Account Profile > Admin > Assets > Asset List.
The Asset List screen displays the following:
- Screen title: Tells you how many assets are in the list.
- Search asset field: Search for assets by their number or name (or part of their number or name). Enter your search term in the field and then press the Enter key.
- Export: To download the asset list to a spreadsheet, click the export icon.
- Asset #: The asset number is used to identify the asset in Reveal, and is created when the asset is registered on the system.
- Asset Name: The asset name is used to identify the asset in Reveal, and is created when the asset is registered on the system.
- Primary Group: If the asset is assigned to one or more groups, the primary group is listed here.
- Year and Make: The year that the asset was manufactured, and manufacturer of the asset.
- Last Update: The time that has passed since the asset’s location was last updated. The passed time is displayed as a blue or red link.
- Blue link: The asset’s location has been updated within the last week.
- Red link: The asset’s location was updated more than a week ago.
Click the link to open the location map that shows you where the asset is currently located:
- ESN: The Electronic Serial Number (ESN) is a unique number that identifies the tracking unit installed on an asset.
- Edit: Click the pencil icon to open the Asset Overview screen.
You can change the display order of the asset list by clicking the column title. For example, to order the list by asset name, click Asset Name. To reverse the order, click Asset Name again.
To open the Asset Overview screen, click the pencil icon next to the asset you want to edit.
On the Details tab, you can edit the following fields and options:
- Upload: To upload an image of the asset, click Upload. In the pop-up window, click Browse, then select an image to upload. Adjust the image size if necessary, then click Save.
- Group Access: To add the asset to groups, click the link to open the Groups tab. Select the groups you want to add the asset to, then click Save Changes.
- Asset Name: By default, the ESN is used as the Asset Name. Change the default name to make it easier to search for and identify the asset in Reveal.
- Asset Number: Change the default Asset Number to make it easier to search for and identify the asset in Reveal.
- Make: The manufacturer of the asset.
- Model: The model name of the asset.
- Year: The year that the asset was manufactured.
- Notes: Here you can add additional information about the asset. For example, "This asset is no longer in use".
Location History tab
On the Location History tab, you can view the last fifty location updates of the asset.
To choose the date range of the location history, click the Time frame field and then select an option from the drop-down menu. Options are:
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days (this is the default option)
- Last 90 Days
- Custom: select this option to choose your own date range. Use the calendar pickers in the Start Date and End Date fields to select the dates, then click Apply to set the date range.
The Location History table has the following columns:
- Time and Date: The time and date that the asset’s location was updated.
- Accuracy: The accuracy of the asset’s location. The accuracy can be one of the following:
- Potentially inaccurate
- Location: The address of the asset at the time of the update. To view the location on a map, click the address.
- Action: The update type.
On the Groups tab you can edit which groups the asset belongs to. Select the groups you want to add the asset to, then click Save Changes.
You can place feedback about the Asset List screen and about any of the tabs on the Asset Overview screen.
To place feedback:
- Click the Feedback button that is displayed on the right of the screen.
- Select the icon that best describes your experience when using the Asset List screen or Asset Overview screen.
- Enter a comment (optional) in the first field.
- Enter your email address in the Email field (required).
- Click Submit.