Uninstall tracking units
From the Order equipment and services section of My Account, you can request the removal (uninstall) of a tracking unit from a vehicle. A technician will visit your location and complete the uninstall.
To request to have a tracking unit uninstalled, follow these steps:
- Go to My Account > Order equipment and services > Service request.
- In the Make a service request area, choose Uninstall a tracking unit.
- Use the + and - buttons to select how many tracking units you want to uninstall, then choose Get started.
- In the Vehicle details section, open the Vehicle list and select the vehicle that you want to uninstall the tracking unit from.
- Enter the vehicle’s registration number (optional), then choose Next.
- In the Contact and Scheduling section, enter your contact details and select your preferred day/time range for us to carry out the service. We will contact you to confirm a specific day and time.
Note: If you want us to contact a different person for this service, enter their email or contact details in the Additional Information field.
Note: If there is a technician available on the day/time range you choose, we will accommodate you. If there is no technician available, we will find another time that is convenient for you. If there are specific day/times when you cannot do the uninstall, let us know in the Additional Information field below.
- In the Additional information field, you can enter any additional notes for the service team, then choose Next.
- In the Request overview section, check that all the information is correct, then choose Submit Request.
Keeping the tracking unit
Once you have removed the tracking unit from a vehicle, you can keep that unit and use it again later. This does not affect the terms of your contract with Verizon Connect.