Set up video alerts
Video alerts notify you when an incident has been recorded on video.
Go to Alerts in Reveal to set up your alert policy. This allows you to configure an alert for a specific type of event.
Existing alert policies are shown on the Policies tab of the Alerts page.
Video alerts are independent of harsh driving alerts. This means that if you have both a harsh driving alert policy and a video alerts policy set up, you will receive two alerts for the same incident.
To set up an alert policy for a video recording:
- On the Alerts Overview page, select CREATE A NEW ALERT POLICY.
- In the New alert dialog box, select Video Alert from the Alert Types menu.
- To flag as important, select the High Priority checkbox.
- Give the policy a descriptive name.
- Decide if you want to receive alerts for your entire fleet, vehicles, drivers or groups of drivers and vehicles. You can only set up video alerts for vehicles with cameras installed.
- When you have made your selection, choose NEXT: TIMES & FREQUENCY.
- Select the time range and frequency of the alerts you want to receive.
When you have made your selection, choose NEXT: ALERT RECIPIENTS.
Choose who will receive the video alerts and how they will receive them. You can even send a copy of the alert to the driver.
The following delivery options are available:
- Display will show the alert within Reveal, as a pop-up notification.
- Email recipients will get an email about the incident.
When you have made your selections, choose Save.
- At the last stage, review your video alert settings. If required, you can enable or disable the alert and edit its settings.
To complete the video alert policy set up, choose CLOSE .
Your new video alert policy now appears on the Policies tab. You can manage your existing alert policies on this page.