Update video alert policies
A video alert policy is automatically created for the admin user in your organization who has been using Reveal the longest.
If you are receiving too many notifications or you want other people to receive them, you can update the video alert policy.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Alerts
- On the Overview tab, select the video alert policy.
- On the Policies tab, select the video alert policy
- Choose Edit.
From the Video Alert Overview page, you can:
- Update resources to choose which vehicles, drivers, and groups that you monitor
- Update the time and frequency of alerts
- Update alert recipients and delivery options
- Disable alerts.
Your entire fleet is updated by default.
To update the vehicles, drivers and group that are monitored, do the following:
- Choose EDIT
- Select the vehicles, drivers, and groups to monitor and click SAVE.
Update time and frequency of alerts
By default, alert notifications are sent every day, the moment that videos are available to watch.
To update the times and frequency of alerts, do the following:
- Choose EDIT, next to Times
- Decide when you want to receive alerts and choose SAVE.
Update alert recipients and delivery options
By default, the admin user who has been active the longest in Reveal will receive alert notifications.
These notifications are sent by pop-up messages in Reveal and by email.
Admins can select the users who will receive the alerts and how they will receive them. Do the following:
- Choose EDIT
- Make your selections and choose SAVE. You can also send a copy of the alert to the driver from here.
To disable alerts:
- Use the Enabled toggle
- When you have made all the required changes, choose CLOSE.
If you have set up harsh driving alerts, you will receive two notifications for every incident - one for the harsh driving event and another when the associated video is available. You can change this if you wish.
If you’re not receiving alerts, check with your admin that you are on the recipient list for the policy.