Update video alert policies
A video alert policy is automatically created for the admin user in your organisation who has been using Reveal the longest.
If you are receiving too many notifications or you want other people to receive them, you can update the video alert policy.
To do this, go to Alerts.
On the Overview tab, look for the video alert policy and choose Edit.
Alternatively, on the Policies tab, find the video alert policy in the list and choose Edit (pencil icon).
Both methods will bring you to the Video Alert Overview page, where you can update the following:
Resources: Vehicles, drivers and groups that are monitored.
Times: Time and frequency of alerts.
Alert Recipients: Who receives alerts.
Delivery Options: How alerts are sent.
To update the vehicles, drivers and group that are monitored, do the following:
- Choose EDIT, next to Resources.
My Entire Fleet is selected by default.
- Select the vehicles, drivers and groups to monitor and click SAVE.
Update time and frequency of alerts
By default, alert notifications are sent every day, the moment that videos are available to watch.
To update the times and frequency of alerts, do the following:
- Choose EDIT, next to Times.
- Decide when you want to receive alerts and choose SAVE.
Alert recipients and delivery options
By default, only the admin user who has been active the longest in Reveal will receive alert notifications. These notifications are sent by pop-up messages in Reveal and by email.
To select the users who will receive the alerts and how they will receive them, do the following:
- Choose EDIT next to Alert Recipients or Delivery Alerts. (They both bring you to the same tab.)
You can also send a copy of the alert to the driver.
- Make your selections and choose SAVE.
- If you want to disable alerts, use the Enabled toggle at the top of the Video Alert Overview tab.
- When you have made all the required changes, choose CLOSE.
NOTE: If you have set up harsh driving alerts, you will receive two notifications for every incident - one for the harsh driving event and another when the associated video is available. Decide if you need to receive both alerts.