Transfer videos from the SD card to a computer (dashcam model 2)
This article explains how to transfer videos from the SD card (memory card) in your Integrated Video camera (model 2) to your computer.
Skip ahead to:
- Before you begin
- Remove the SD card from the camera
- Download the VZC Player
- Find and play a video
- Save a video to use later
- Re-insert the SD card into the camera
Before you begin
You will need:
- Key (provided with camera)
- A computer with an integrated SD card reader or with an external SD card reader attached
- Internet connection (to download the VZC player)
Remove the SD card from the camera
To remove the SD from the camera:
- Turn off the ignition of the vehicle that is connected to the camera.
- Unlock the security cover using the key provided with the camera.
- Press the current SD card to remove it from the camera.
Download the VZC Player
- Download the VZC player for Mac or Windows to your computer.
- Open the VZC Player.
Note: It is not necessary to download the latest version of the player, so you can ignore the prompt to do so.
Find and play a video file
- Insert the SD card into the SD card reader attached to your computer.
(It can take a few moments for the computer to recognize and display the contents of the SD card.)
- In the VZC player, click the folder icon.
- To find the file directory for the SD card, go to Media > normal > Date > Time.
The SD card directory is organized as follows:
- Folders are divided by date and time stamp for each file.
- Each date is broken into hourly segments.
- Each hour is broken into 10-minute intervals.
- To locate the video, go to the date and time of the video needed.
- Select the date.
- Select the hour of the day (in 24-hour format).
- Select the video (MDT) file. (Files are split into 10 minutes segments. For example, 08:00, 08:10, and so on.)
- Select the video file you want to view and click Open.
- Enter the password 1972 and click OK.
- To watch the video, click Play.
Save a video to use later
To save a video as an MP4 for later use:
- Click the video camera icon.
- Choose a location to save the file or save the file to the default location.
- Enter a file name or use the default name.
- To save the selected date and time range as an MP4 file, click Start.
Re-insert the SD card into the camera
- Once the video is successfully retrieved, remove the SD card from the SD card reader.
- Insert the SD card back into the SD slot on the camera.
- Replace the security cover and lock with the key.