Install plug and play GPS tracking devices (Spotlight app)
The following instructions are for a Verizon Connect plug and play tracking device. If you have a wired device, contact support and we will organize a professional installation.
Before you begin
VERIZON CONNECT SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT ARISE FROM, OR ARE CONNECTED WITH, YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES, INCLUDING THE VEHICLE TRACKER, IN A MANNER CONTRARY TO THESE INSTRUCTIONS OR IN VIOLATION OF LAW AND/OR OUR AGREEMENT.
- Check the vehicle's compatibility, especially if you are moving the tracker from one vehicle to another. Learn more about vehicle compatibility.
- Move the vehicle to an area with good GPS coverage and with a clear view of the sky.
- Switch the vehicle’s engine off.
- Download the Spotlight by Verizon Connect app. You need this app to set up the vehicle in Reveal.
Installing the device
- Log into the Spotlight app and choose Account > Device setup. You need this app to set up the vehicle in Reveal.
- If your device matches the device shown in the app, choose MY DEVICE LOOKS LIKE THIS.
If you have a different device, choose I HAVE A DIFFERENT DEVICE to contact Verizon Connect to arrange a professional installation.
- Use the app to scan the barcode that is located on the back of the device.
If you can’t scan the code, choose Manual input, and enter the ESN or IMEI number.
- When the device is recognized, plug the tracking unit into the ODB-II port.
The port is usually located under the dashboard or beneath the steering wheel column. If not located beneath the steering column, look for the port in the areas indicated in the image.
If you cannot find the port, check the vehicle owner’s manual.
- Start the engine and let the vehicle idle for 5 minutes. This will allow the device to acquire a GPS signal.
- When the device is recognized, choose CONNECT MY VEHICLE.
- While waiting for the unit to receive a GPS signal, enter the vehicle information. Choose EDIT VEHICLE PROFILE WHILE YOU WAIT.
- On the Vehicle identity screen, enter the vehicle information and choose Save.
Enter the following information:
- Vehicle name
- License plate number
- Year, Make, Model
- Fuel type
- Tank capacity
- Fuel efficiency (city)
- Fuel efficiency (highway)
- Current odometer reading
- When the GPS signal is received, you will see your vehicle on the map with a pop-up that says Vehicle Connected.
- Choose COMPLETE SETUP and then CLOSE to complete the installation.