Using Spotlight to install devices
When installing devices and not using Verizon Connect’s professional installation service, you must use the Spotlight app.
In this article:
- About Spotlight
- Devices that can be installed using Spotlight
- Downloading the Spotlight app
- Accessing Device setup in Spotlight
- Installation guides for supported devices
When you use Spotlight to install a device, the app:
- Guides you through the installation and activation of the device
- Pairs the device with the vehicle or asset
- Connects the device to Verizon Connect
- Provides help when you need it
Devices that can be installed using Spotlight
The Spotlight app currently supports the installation of the following:
Plug-and-play vehicle trackers
- Vehicle Data Device (VDD)
- CalAmp LMU-3030
Non-powered asset trackers
- Equipment Asset Tracker - Battery (EAT-B)
- Road-facing camera (Model 1)
- Road-facing camera (Model 2)
- Driver-facing camera
We will be adding new devices in the future but in the meantime, if you want to install a wired vehicle tracker or wired asset tracker, or any other device not supported by Spotlight, contact support and organize a professional installation.
You can download Spotlight from the App Store (for iOS devices) or Google Play (for Android devices).
Use your Verizon Connect credentials to log in to the app. If you do not have a login, contact your administrator.
Accessing Device setup in Spotlight
- Log into Spotlight.
- Go to Settings > Device setup.
- Select the type of device you want to install.
- Follow the in-app installation and activation instructions for the device.