Get started with Reveal
This article describes the following:
- The steps required in Reveal after you have bought a Reveal license for one or more of your vehicles.
- How to add your vehicle details so that we can determine whether your vehicle has built-in telematics or not.
- The steps needed to get your chosen connection type activated or installed.
It is important that you enter your vehicle details. Without them, we cannot activate or install your tracking hardware. Only when you have activated or installed your vehicle tracker, are you able to track your vehicle using Reveal.
Step 1: Set your password
After you have ordered your Reveal licenses, you will receive an email asking you to set your password.
Step 2: Enter your vehicle details
After you have set up your password, log in to Reveal and enter your vehicle details. If you don't log in the same day you set your password, you will receive an email reminding you to specify your vehicle details. To do this from the email, click the GET STARTED link.
After clicking the email link, or after logging in to Reveal for the first time, the Get started page opens. This page shows an Enter details link for each vehicle subscription that you have purchased.
To add your vehicle details on this page:
- For each vehicle, click Enter details.
- Enter either your vehicle’s VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) or the vehicle's year, make, and model. In order for us to determine whether your vehicle has built-in telematics, you need to provide your vehicle’s VIN. For more information on built-in telematics, see Connect built-in telematics to Reveal.
- Click NEXT.
- If applicable, select between Built-in telematics and Vehicle tracker.
- To confirm that the details you entered are correct, clock CONFIRM. If you see a mistake, click BACK and correct the details.
- To enter the details for your remaining vehicles, click Enter details.
- When you have entered the details for all your vehicles, click FINISH. The Get started page closes, and you are taken to your default landing page in Reveal.
If you do not have access to all vehicle details at this moment, you can click DO THIS LATER, which will take you into Reveal. You can access the Get started page later by logging in to Reveal and navigating to My Account > Get started. This page is available for five days. If you have chosen to delay entering your vehicle details, you will receive reminder emails.
Step 3: Provide consent in Ford Marketplace (built-in telematics option only)
If you have not done so already, provide consent for your vehicle in Ford Marketplace.
Step 4: Install your hardware (vehicle tracker option only)
We will send you the appropriate hardware to install into your vehicles or contact you to arrange an installation appointment.
If this is a self-install, follow these instructions on how to install the Verizon Connect hardware. We recommend using the Spotlight mobile app for the installation.
If a third-party professional installer will install your hardware, we will contact you to arrange a suitable time to do this.
Step 5: Take your vehicle for a drive
To get the vehicle tracker to start sending data to Reveal, take your vehicle for a drive for a few minutes. The drive must be long enough for the hardware in your vehicle to establish a GPS connection.