Run a report
This article contains general instructions on how to run a report. For specific details on the options that you can define for each individual report, see the relevant article about the report type you want to run.
To generate a report, follow these steps:
From the Reveal navigation bar, choose Reports.
The Reports Home is displayed, with the Reports List page selected by default.
- To select a report type, click the report name in the list.
- To select vehicles to include in the report, click Add Vehicles.
- Select the check boxes next to the vehicles you want to include and click SAVE.
If you want to include drivers and groups, repeat steps 3 and 4.
You can also choose whether to view results by Vehicle or Driver.
If you are running a Detailed Report, you can also include assets in the report, and choose to view results by Vehicle/Assets or Driver.
Note: To include all vehicles and drivers in the report (and assets, if you are running a Detailed Report), select the My Entire Fleet check box.
To choose a time frame for the report, open the Select report time frame list and select a time frame.
Other allows you to enter a custom time frame.
The time frame you can select is restricted depending on your data retention plan.
- If available, click Report Options and select your preferred options.
To view the Advanced Options panel, click Advanced Options and select your preferred options.
- To generate the report, click RUN REPORT. The report tab stays open until you close it or log out of Reveal.
Note: Some of the options in the above steps vary depending on the report type. Report options and advanced options for each type are described for each report type.
Export a report
In the upper part of a report, click CSV. Then export the report as a spreadsheet in CSV format.
Import a CSV file with Excel
To ensure that all information is displayed correctly when importing a CSV file with Excel, follow these steps:
- Open the file with Excel and click the Data tab.
- In the Get & Transform Data group, click From Text/CSV.
- In the Import Data dialog box, locate and double-click the text file that you want to import, and click Import.
- From the newly-opened window, choose Delimited, and for the file origin choose Unicode (UTF-8). Then, click Next.
Verizon Connect runs reports in Reveal in accordance with its data retention rules. Learn more about the rules and your region’s data retention period.