Run a report
This article contains general instructions on how to run a report. For specific details on the options that you can define for each individual report, see the relevant article about the report type you want to run.
To generate a report, follow these steps:
From the Reveal navigation bar, choose Reports.
The Reports Home is displayed, with the Reports List page selected by default.
- To select a report type, click the report name in the list.
- To select vehicles to include in the report, click Add Vehicles.
- Select the check boxes next to the vehicles you want to include and click SAVE.
If you want to include drivers and groups, repeat steps 3 and 4.
You can also choose whether to view results by Vehicle or Driver.
If you are running a Detailed Report, you can also include assets in the report, and choose to view results by Vehicle/Assets or Driver.
Note: To include all vehicles and drivers in the report (and assets, if you are running a Detailed Report), select the My Entire Fleet check box.
To choose a time frame for the report, open the Select report time frame list and select a time frame.
Other allows you to enter a custom time frame.
The time frame you can select is restricted depending on your data retention plan.
- If available, click Report Options and select your preferred options.
To view the Advanced Options panel, click Advanced Options and select your preferred options.
- To generate the report, click RUN REPORT. The report tab stays open until you close it or log out of Reveal.
Note: Some of the options in the above steps vary depending on the report type. Report options and advanced options for each type are described for each report type.
Export a report
In the upper part of a report, click CSV. Then export the report as a spreadsheet in CSV format.
Import a CSV file with Excel
To ensure that all information is displayed correctly when importing a CSV file with Excel, follow these steps:
- Open the file with Excel and click the Data tab.
- In the Get & Transform Data group, click From Text/CSV.
- In the Import Data dialog box, locate and double-click the text file that you want to import, and click Import.
- From the newly-opened window, choose Delimited, and for the file origin choose Unicode (UTF-8). Then, click Next.
How we handle your data
Verizon Connect runs reports in Reveal in accordance with its data retention rules. Learn more about the rules and your region’s data retention period.