Uninstall tracking units
From the Order equipment and services section of My Account, you can request the removal (uninstall) of a tracking unit from a vehicle. A technician will visit your location and complete the uninstall.
To request to have a tracking unit uninstalled, follow these steps:
- Go to My Account > Order equipment and services > Service request.
- In the Make a service request area, choose Uninstall a tracking unit.
- Use the + and - buttons to select how many tracking units you want to uninstall, then choose Get started.
In the Vehicle details section, open the Vehicle list and select the vehicle that you want to uninstall the tracking unit from.
- Enter the vehicle’s registration number (optional), then choose Next.
In the Contact and Scheduling section, enter your contact details and select your preferred day/time range for us to carry out the service.
We will contact you to confirm a specific day and time.
Note: If you want us to contact a different person for this service, enter their email or contact details in the Additional Information field.
Note: If there is a technician available on the day/time range you choose, we will accommodate you. If there is no technician available, we will find another time that is convenient for you. If there are specific day/times when you cannot do the uninstall, let us know in the Additional Information field below.
- In the Additional information field, you can enter any additional notes for the service team, then choose Next.
- In the Request overview section, check that all the information is correct, then choose Submit Request.
Keeping the tracking unit
Once you have removed the tracking unit from a vehicle, you can keep that unit and use it again later. This does not affect the terms of your contract with Verizon Connect.