Use the Map screen to quickly find the location and status of the vehicles and assets in your organisation’s fleet in near real-time. In this article:
- Filter vehicles and assets by status
- Locate a vehicle, asset, or driver
- See vehicle or asset details
The panel below the map lists all vehicles and assets in your organisation’s fleet, all vehicles and assets with a specified status (Moving, Idling, Charging, or Stopped), or all vehicles and assets that match a search query made in the search field at the top of the screen. Slide the panel up and down by dragging the tab icon at the top of the panel, or anywhere on the panel itself. Each vehicle and asset shown in the list displays some or all of the following information:
- The name of the vehicle or asset, as specified in Reveal
- The name of the driver assigned
- The location of the vehicle or asset, if known
- The status and speed of the vehicle or asset in its last report
If you have a large fleet of more than 200 vehicles, the panel view is not available and vehicles are clustered.
Filter vehicles and assets by status
To filter your fleet and the map by status, tap the Moving, Idling, Charging, or Stopped buttons to view only vehicles or assets with the selected status. Non-powered assets will always appear in the Stopped list.
To view all your assets and vehicles, select All. If you have a large fleet (more than 200), these status buttons might not be available.
If you have a large fleet of more than 200 vehicles and assets, and several of your vehicles or assets are near one another, a black cluster icon is shown representing this grouping. A number on each cluster icon indicates how many vehicles are contained in that cluster.
The map view at the centre of the screen indicates where individual vehicles and assets are currently located, and their status.
The status of individual vehicles and assets shown on the map are represented by the following icons:
|Status||Description||Vehicle||Powered asset||Non-powered asset|
|Moving||Vehicle or powered asset is moving in the direction of the arrow||NA|
|Idling||Vehicle or powered asset is not moving, but the ignition is on||NA|
|Charging||Electric vehicle is charging||NA||NA|
|Stopped||Vehicle or powered asset is not moving, and its ignition is off||NA|
|No signal||Last known location of vehicle or powered asset before its signal was lost||NA|
|Privacy||Last known location of the vehicle when it entered privacy mode||NA||NA|
|Towing||Vehicle or powered asset is being towed||NA|
|Panic||A panic alert has been triggered for this vehicle||NA||NA|
|Last reported location||Last reported location for a non-powered asset||NA||NA|
Locate an asset, vehicle, or driver on the map
To quickly locate an individual vehicle, asset, or driver, select the Search field at the top of the screen and begin typing the name of the vehicle, asset, or driver.
Only names that completely or partially match the text you enter are shown.
If you have a large fleet of more than 200 vehicles, you can search only within the current map view.
To do this:
Pan and zoom the map to show only the geographical area you are interested in.
Pan the map by dragging it with your fingers and zoom in and out or rotate the map by dragging or rotating two fingers on the map.
- In the Search field, begin typing the name of the vehicle, asset, or driver, you want to locate.
- To show vehicles, assets, and drivers within the current map view, select the Search this area button.
- Tap the name of a driver, asset, or vehicle, in the list of search results to pan and centre the map on their location and view information about their status.
- To recentre the map to your current location, select the arrow icon in the bottom right corner of the map.
See vehicle or asset details
Tap any vehicle or asset icon to centre the map on its location and to open a panel where you can:
- Tap Replay to review the vehicle or asset’s activity timeline.
- Tap Directions on the panel to generate a turn-by-turn route between your current location and the location of the vehicle, asset, or driver.
- Tap Share to share the journey details by messenger, email, or SMS (text message).
Swipe up to see:
Nearest street address
Select the driver’s name to view information about the driver on the driver details page.
Make, model, year of manufacture
Vehicle identification number (VIN)
Battery level (if a non-powered asset or electric vehicle)
Fleet group membership
Nearby vehicles and powered assets