Troubleshooting the bulk upload of fuel cards
Error importing Excel or CSV file
Importing a file will fail because of one or more of the following reasons:
- The file type is incorrect (bulk import only supports CSV or Excel files).
- The Excel file has no content.
- The Excel file does not have enough columns (the minimum is four for fuel card assignment and 8 for vehicle information ).
- The Excel file contains more than 999 rows.
- The file size of the file is greater than 5MB.
- There is a network error.
- The file is not a Reveal fuel card upload template.
Data errors in uploaded file
An error message will let you know if there are any data-related errors in the uploaded file.
Data errors can include one or more of the following:
- The fuel card number does not match the expected format.
- The account number is not found.
Note: If an account number was incorrect in the previous assignments, you will see it highlighted in the downloaded error template.
- The vehicle name was not found.
- The fuel card is already assigned to another vehicle. See Reassigning a fuel card for more information.
- The start date is not in the expected format.
- The start date is a date in the future.
To fix the errors, choose Download to download the file. Once you have corrected the errors, upload the file again.
(The download link is available for 3 months.)