Product updates: October 2023
Welcome to the October 2023 edition of Reveal updates. This month we talk about our new Live Map asset tracker limit increase, camera reassignment in the Spotlight & RHI apps and many more Spotlight app improvements. Read on to find out more.
Live Map VTU and asset tracker limit increase
To enhance your experience as you monitor your fleet in Live Map, the number of VTU and asset trackers which can be seen on Live Map has now automatically increased to 2,500 units from a previous limit of 500. Also, large fleets with over 500 vehicles and assets will be clustered. Clustering turns on by default but can be turned off as per the Help Center article here.
Reassign cameras with Spotlight or RHI apps during a VTU swap
With our new update to the Spotlight and Reveal Hardware Installer (RHI) apps, you can reassign your cameras to new vehicle tracking units (VTU) without calling Support. Updating your camera assignment can be done directly within these apps:
- In the Spotlight app: To access this feature, complete the VTU install steps as normal. The camera will be detected on completion and the camera module will open with the new screen directing you to complete reassignment.
- In the RHI app: To access this feature, complete the VTU install steps as normal. Once the camera is detected, select “camera alignment”. The camera module will open with the new screen directing you to complete the realignment.
Spotlight Journey Cards improvements
You can now benefit from multiple Spotlight app design improvements and feature enhancements, all aimed at providing you greater insight when replaying trips:
- New journey panels showing start, stopped, idling, moving, charging, end, and last location Assigned drivers on the Activity tab, as well as the Moving and Idling panel
- EV enhancements including new charging status journey panel and corresponding battery levels on all journey cards, charging icon on the journey line, charging metrics in the Summary tab
- Ability to tap, pan and swipe for additional views and data, such as interacting with the map
- Ability to select date, places, satellite or map view
- Clustering idling and stopped locations on the journey line
- View entire journey button added to the landing page
5 tips to coach drivers using Integrated Video
Are you looking for some new ways to coach your drivers to be safer on the road? If so, join us for this informative, complimentary webinar on Wednesday November 15 at 11 AM PT / 1 PM CT / 2 PM ET on how using dashcams with your current Reveal solution can help you to improve driver coaching and promote fleet safety.
Register now and learn 5 tips to coach drivers including:
- Identifying behaviors that increase risk
- Preparing for the conversation
- Using a variety of training approaches
- Providing positive reinforcement
- Gamifying data to drive performance
The Reveal ELD Logbook app will not be supported on old mobile devices
Effective October 30, 2023, the Reveal ELD Logbook app will no longer be supported on old mobile devices. After this date, devices running Android 9, iOS 13 or earlier will not be tested for compliance with FMCSA regulations. These devices should be updated to work with supported versions of your chosen operating system.