Set up job alerts
In the Scheduler tab in Reveal, you can view job alerts.
Job alerts display real-time updates so you can monitor the status of your jobs and see if technicians are delayed or have not read a dispatched job.
Alerts are enabled by default. You can disable or customize alerts in Account Settings in Reveal.
This article covers:
Viewing job alerts
- Click on the Scheduler tab in Reveal to see job alerts. If there are new alerts, the alert bell icon displays a red badge.
- If the new alert is a Tech delay alert, a red pill also displays below the alert bell.
- If there are no new alerts, the alert bell icon displays without the red badge.
Job alert types
The Job alerts panel displays two types of alert:
- Technician delay: You receive this alert if a technician's expected arrival time is 15 minutes later than the job start time.
- Job not read: You receive this alert if a technician has not read a dispatched job within 15 minutes* of receiving the job on their mobile device.
15 minutes is the default setting. You can change this in Settings.
Job alerts panel
The Job alerts panel displays all active job alerts.
- To access the Job alerts panel, click the alert bell icon. Jobs are displayed in order, from the newest to the oldest.
- To dismiss a job alert and remove it from the Job alerts panel, hover over the job card and click X.
- To reschedule a job, or assign a job to another technician, click EDIT JOB.
Alerts are only displayed in the Job alerts panel: alerts are not sent by text or email.
Editing job alert settings
You may need to request access to job alerts from your administrator.
By default, job delay and job not read alerts are enabled. To edit the alert settings, follow these steps:
- In Scheduler, click the cog icon to get to Settings.
- Choose Account settings > Job alerts.
- To change how soon an alert is triggered for technician delay and job not read, open the drop-down and select a time. For job review, select from the drop-down to choose your star rating.
To disable an alert, clear the checkbox under the relevant alert type. To apply the changes, click SAVE.
Learn how to Set up technician notifications.
Learn how to Update job status.