Set up technician notifications
Technician notifications are updates sent to your technicians by text message and email.
There are three types of technician notifications:
- Job dispatched: Sent when a job has been assigned to a technician.
- Job rescheduled: Sent when the date or time of a job has been changed.
- Job reassigned: Sent when a job has been removed from their schedule.
This article covers:
- Setting up notifications
- Creating notification templates
- Editing notification templates
- Sending test emails and texts
- Sending notifications to technicians
Setting up notifications
To view and set up notifications, you may need your administrator to enable permissions in Reveal.
To set up notifications:
- Click the Scheduler tab and then choose Settings (cog icon)
- Choose Email and text messages > Technicians.
Here, you can see if your notifications are enabled or disabled.
To change their status, select the edit icon and then tick the enable email and/or text messages boxes on the next page.
When notifications are enabled, technicians who have the Reveal Field Mobile App will receive an email and/or text message and an app notification to notify them about jobs.
Creating notification templates
The email template contains two fields: a subject line and email body. The text message template contains a message body field. Edit the suggested text in the templates to customize the notifications. You can also see a preview of the messages and send a test before you save them. Placeholders with more information can be added to the templates.
Email template editor
Text message template editor
Editing notification templates
To edit the notification templates:
- In Scheduler, choose Settings > Email and text messages > Technicians.
- To open a template, click EDIT.
- To enable notifications, tick the Enable this for email and text checkbox.
- Edit the text by writing in the template editor. Changes you make will appear in the message preview box.
To add a placeholder to the template, click INSERT PLACEHOLDER and select from the dropdown.
When a notification is sent to the technician, it will include the information you added from the placeholder.
You can add HTML tags to the body of the email. Changes will apply to the email received by the customer.
Sending test emails and texts
To send a test notification, follow these steps:
- In the template editor, below the template, click SEND TEST.
- In the Send a test email pop-up, enter an email address, and click SEND TEST.
- In the Send text message pop-up, enter a cell phone number and click SEND TEST.
- To undo your changes, click RESET TO DEFAULT.
You can only send test notifications to one email address and one phone number.
Sending notifications to technicians
To send a notification to a technician, follow these steps:
- Go to the Scheduler tab in Reveal and click CREATE JOB. Fill in the required fields or select an existing job card and click the pencil icon .
- In the Appointment section, select a date, start time, and expected duration.
Click the Technicians field and select a technician from the list.
Once the appointment details are entered and a technician is selected, the Send job to technicians toggle switch appears.
- Click the toggle switch. Once you select this toggle and save the job, you will be able to see the location of the technician on Live Map as long as they have a vehicle assigned to them.
- To finalize the job and send a notification to the technician, click SAVE.
If the technician does not read the job within 15 minutes, you receive a Job not read notification in the Job alerts panel.
15 minutes is the default setting. It can be changed to 30, 45, or 60 minutes.
Learn how to Update job status.
Learn how to Set up customer notifications.
Learn how to Set up job alerts.