Places are key locations - such as your company's headquarters, distribution centres, employee's homes, and fuel stations - that you can create and mark with defined perimeters.
You can monitor activity at those locations, and assign jobs to drivers based on their current location.
In Reveal, you can create or see the following Places:
Geofences: these are locations with a defined perimeter that you have created, uploaded or edited.
They help you to monitor how often drivers visit key locations (or prohibited locations), the time taken to complete jobs, and the use of equipment while on-site.
Geofences can be tracked and reported on in Reveal, including in many reports and alerts, and also as icons on the Live Map.
Suggested Geofences: Suggested Geofences are locations that Reveal has identified as frequently visited by your vehicles.
These Places appear as Geofences (highlighted in red text) in Reports, Alert options, and Live Map.
Suggested Geofences stay in the list until you accept or delete them.
Once you accept, or edit and save, a Suggested Geofence, it is removed from the list of Suggested Geofences.
Geofences to Correct: These are Geofences that you have created, but are not capturing any vehicle activity as vehicles are staying outside the Geofence.
You can edit the Geofence to improve reporting.
On the map, red dots show where vehicles are parking. You can expand the perimeter to include these areas and improve reporting.
Fuel Stations: If you use Fuel Card Integration, when a fuel card is used at a fuel station for the first time, the station is automatically added as a Place in the Fuel Station category.
Fuel Stations display locations where a fuel transaction has been made for a vehicle in your fleet.
Tracking fuel stations allows you to understand which stations your drivers use, and to monitor costs.
- Unresolved Fuel Stations: These are Fuel Stations that have been created, but are not capturing any fuel transactions.
Work Orders: Work orders are locations that are sent to Reveal from 3rd party workforce management systems.
These are locations where a specific job is assigned to be completed at a specific time, often by an assigned engineer or technician.
To create a place from the Places tab, follow these steps:
- To open the Create Place window, click Create a New Place.
- In the Address field, type an address and press Enter. Select the address from the Matching Address list. A Place with a square perimeter is added to the map.
You can select a different shape by clicking the shape icons at the top of the map.
Use the custom shape to create a Geofence around a parking lot, or a site with an irregular boundary.
You can adjust the size of the Place by dragging the dots on the perimeter, or move the Place by dragging from inside the perimeter.
Alternatively, you can decide the location of a Place by clicking the map to create an outline. An address is automatically added to the Address field.
Note: When you create a Geofence perimeter, avoid overlapping the perimeter with another Geofence, as this can make it difficult to identify Places on the report.
- To add the Place to Groups, open the Groups Selected list, and use the checkboxes to select one or more Groups.
If you have many Places, Groups help you to organize them more efficiently.
Only users with access to the Group will see that the Place is assigned to that Group.
- In the Name field, enter a name for your place (this is mandatory).
Reveal refers to the Place by the name you create, rather than the address.
The name also displays in Reports and Live Map. Use this name, or the Place ID, to search for the Place in Reveal.
- To add the Place to a Category, open the list and select a Category.
- In the Advanced Options tab, you can choose to enter a Contact Name, Contact Phone Number and a Place ID.
You can use Place IDs to search for the Place in Live Map and on Reports.
If you don’t want the Place to appear on the Live Map, clear the Maps checkbox.
If you don’t want it to appear alongside the Place's address in reports, clear the Address checkbox.
Note: Changes to the Show on Map/Address status may take up to 24 hours to update.
- When you have finished, click Save.
You can also create Places from outside the Places tab using the following methods:
- Live Map: Right-click on a vehicle status icon (or any point on the map) and select Create a Geofence here.
Reports: In some report types, you can create a Place by clicking on an address in the report.
Then, in the popup window, click Create Place.
- In some report types, Suggested Geofences are show in red. To view the suggestion, click the red text.
Then, in the popup window, click Edit. In the Create Geofence window, edit the default Name and Category.
To accept the suggested Geofence, click Accept as Geofence.
Replay: In the Timeline View, click a stop or idle segment for a specific vehicle. In the popup window, click Create Geofence.
In the Route Replay window, click a vehicle status icon. In the popup window, click Create Geofences.
- Admin: Administrators can upload multiple Geofences from a template file by clicking Upload Geofences.