What triggers video events in Reveal
Video recordings are uploaded to Reveal when the AI detects unsafe driving behaviour.
When the AI detects multiple events happening around the same time, it will analyze and classify based on the most severe incident.
- Harsh driving events and thresholds
- AI Dashcam exclusive triggers
- Videos not triggering?
Harsh driving events and thresholds
The vehicle tracker detects the following harsh driving events:
- The vehicle speeds up suddenly (by more than 5 mph (8 km/h) per second).
- The g-force is above 0.220g for at least 1 second.
- The vehicle makes a harsh turn at speed.
- The g-force is above 0.4g for at least 2 seconds.
- The vehicle slows down suddenly (speed decreased by more than 6 mph (9.5 km/h) per second).
- The g-force is above 0.265g for at least 1 second.
- The vehicle jolts suddenly (caused by impact with a person, animal, or object, for example).
- The g-force is above 0.7g for 0.1 second.
Sudden force is only detected by certain device models. Contact Support to find out whether your device can detect it.
AI Dashcam exclusive triggers
AI Dashcams detect additional driver-facing and road-facing behaviours. An Admin can choose which driving behaviours trigger a video event in the Video List, by updating the AI driving assistance settings.
- Phone call detection
- Pedestrian ahead
To learn more about these triggers, read what triggers videos and in-cab alerts.
Videos not triggering?
If videos are not appearing in the Video List, check whether a camera is working.