Create a new job
This article covers the following:
- Creating a job
- Adding a job to do
- Editing or deleting a Job to Do
- Using a saved Job to Do in New Job Panel
- Assigning a technician
- Adding photos, signatures, notes, and files
With Scheduler, you can create, assign, and dispatch jobs to technicians. The smart recommendations feature helps you find the most suitable technician for the job based on their availability and travel time, their skills, or their current vehicle location.
The smart recommendations feature suggests a list of technicians who can complete the job. You can then filter and sort the list to find the best technician for the job.
The smart recommendations scheduling feature is not yet available for all users.
Creating a job
To create a job in Scheduler's Technicians view or Jobs view, click CREATE JOB. In the Technicians view you can also create a job by clicking and dragging a time slot in Scheduler. Alternatively, in Contacts view, to create a job for a specific contact, click the three vertical dots beside a name and then click Create job. Once you click CREATE JOB, a job ID is assigned to the job you are creating. The job ID displays in the New job panel. To change or customise the job ID, follow these rules:
- Job IDs must be 15 characters or less and have no spaces
- They may include letters, numbers, and these symbols: @ # * - _ & ( ) / \ $ € £
- To use an existing job ID, click LINK TO AN EXISTING JOB ID and either search for an existing one or choose from the list of most recently created job IDs.
- In Contact Details, search for a contact. If you clicked LINK TO AN EXISTING JOB ID, the contact details for that job ID will show automatically. Alternatively, to create a new contact, click NEW CONTACT, fill in the contact details, and select SAVE CONTACT. Then, this new contact appears in the New Job panel.
- In the Job Details section, enter the job address and job to do.
In the Appointment section, enter the following:
- Start time: If you want smart recommendations for technicians and a start time, leave this field empty. To get a technician recommendation only, just enter a start time.
- Expected duration: You can create an appointment that lasts up to 3 days (72 hours). If you have a job that takes longer, schedule recurring appointments, or add follow-up appointments to the same Job ID.
Technician recommendations are not available for recurring appointments.
- In the Technicians field, enter a technician name, and then follow the steps below. Alternatively, choose GET SMART RECOMMENDATIONS, and then follow the steps below.
Adding a Job to Do
The Job To Do is the type of work your technician will be doing for the customer.
The Job To Do field displays panel when you click CREATE JOB.
You can enter a Job To Do in the NEW JOB panel, while you are you are creating an appointment.
You can save Job To Do types, so you do not need to input them each time you create a new appointment.
To do this, follow these steps:
- To open the Job To Do list, in Scheduler, click the Settings icon.
- In the Settings menu, choose Account Settings > Job To Do.
- Click ADD JOB TO DO.
Fill in the following fields:
- TITLE: This field is mandatory, and you must create a unique title for each Job To Do.
- DESCRIPTION: Enter a job description.
- EXPECTED DURATION: Enter the expected job duration. This field is mandatory.
- Click SAVE.
Editing or deleting a Job To Do
- To edit a job, choose the pencil icon.
- To delete a job, choose the trash icon.
Using a saved Job To Do in the New Job panel
- To open the NEW JOB panel, click CREATE JOB.
- In the Job To Do field, start typing the title of a Job To Do that you created.
- Select your saved title from the list. The Job Description and Expected duration fields are filled in automatically with the details you saved previously.
Assigning a technician
To filter the technicians based on their schedule or vehicle location, select from the Recommendations based on filter:
- Select Schedule to get technician recommendations with the best travel time to the new job.
- Select Vehicle location to see the technicians who are near to the new job right now. Each recommended technician will have a status of “Busy”, “Available”, or “Off-duty”. See understanding technician status labels for more information.
You will only see the schedule and vehicle location options if your job is scheduled for today.
- Select your technician. To dispatch the job, select the Send job to technicians toggle.
- Click Save.
Adding photos, signatures, notes, and files
You can add information such as photos, signatures, notes, and files (including documents) to jobs for the technician to view.
How to add photos and files to a new job
- Click the Scheduler tab, and then click CREATE JOB to open the New Job panel.
- Click ATTACH FILES and select the file/s you want to upload. You can upload any of the following document types: JPG, JPEG, PNG, PDF, DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, XLS, XLSX, TXT. Files are now added.
You can upload a maximum of 10 files at a time. There is a maximum size of 20MB per file.
How to add photos and files to an existing job
- From Scheduler, click the job you want to add to.
- In Job Records, click VIEW.
- Click the ADD FILE button. Select the file/s you want to upload.
Technicians can add signatures to jobs. If signatures, photos, notes and/or files have been added by a technician, or an administrator, they appear under Job Record in the Scheduler tab of Reveal Field.
For technicians to be able to view files, they need to have the latest version of the technician app.
To view notes, photos, and signatures for a job, follow these steps:
- Click the Scheduler tab to find the job you want to view.
- To open the Job panel, click the job card.
- In the Job panel, in the Job Record section, click VIEW ALL. The Job Record panel opens, displaying notes, photos and signatures attached to the job.
You can select a photo or signature to see it larger on the screen.
To delete a photo, note or signature, click on the icon beside the photo, note, or signature you wish to delete. Then click the delete button.
Learn how to Edit a job.
Learn how to Set up job alerts.
Learn how to Set up technician notifications.
Learn how to Set up customer notifications.