Creating and editing groups
Groups allow you to control who can see certain vehicles, drivers, technicians, or assets. When you create a group, you can add vehicles, drivers, technicians, and assets to it. Then you can choose which users can access the group.
Groups are used to:
- Organize your fleet in categories, such as region, vehicle type, or asset type.
- Restrict users from viewing items in a group.
- Filter views in parts of Reveal such as Live Map, Reports, Replay and Scheduler.
Note: By default, administrators have access to all groups.
To create a group, follow these steps:
- To open the Groups page, choose Account Profile > Admin > Groups section > Manage Groups.
- On the Groups page, click Add Group. If you want to create a subgroup, select from the list the group you want to add the subgroup to, then click Add Group.
- On the Edit tab, in the Name field, enter a name for the group.
- In the Group ID field, enter an ID. You can use a Group ID number to identify a Group, in conjunction with a name. The ID must be unique.
To select a color for the group balloon, click the color wheel and choose a color. Balloons display vehicle information when you click a status icon on the Live Map.
- To finish creating the group, click Save.
To add vehicles to the group, select the Vehicles tab and use the check boxes to select vehicles.
Repeat this step to add Drivers, Users, Admins (Reveal Pro only), Assets or Technicians.
Note: Vehicles, Drivers, Assets, and Technicians that you add to the group are visible in filter lists, for example in Live Map, Reports, and Reveal Field's Scheduler. Users and Admins have access to the group, but their names are not displayed in filter lists.
In Reveal Pro you have all the options above, but you can also choose a Balloon Type. To do so, open the Balloon Type list and select a select an option. Balloons display vehicle information when you click a status icon on the Live Map.
To edit a group, follow these steps:
- In the Select Group column, click the group you want to edit. The selected group is highlighted in blue.
- In the Edit tab, you can change the Name, Group ID, Balloon type (Reveal Pro only), and Balloon color. To apply the changes, click Save.
In the Vehicles tab, use the check boxes to add or remove vehicles.
To search for a vehicle, in the Filter By field, enter the vehicle's name and press Enter.
To display only vehicles which are already in the group, select the Only show checked checkbox.
To set this group as the vehicle's primary group, click Set primary group (only available if the checkbox is selected).
Repeat this step to add or remove Drivers, Users, Admins, Assets, or Technicians.
To delete a group, follow these steps:
- In the Select Group column, click the group you want to delete. The selected group is highlighted in blue.
- In the Groups page, click Delete Group.
- In the pop-up, select the check boxes to confirm that you understand that all subgroups will also be deleted, and that deleting groups cannot be undone.
- To confirm the request, click Delete Group.