What is Roadside Assistance?
Roadside Assistance is a service, offered by Verizon Connect Reveal, that provides everything from battery boosts to towing and winching, anywhere in the United States.
Roadside Assistance includes the following services for eligible vehicles:
- Towing up to 25 miles - A qualified service provider will tow a vehicle for up to 25 miles, free of charge. After 25 miles, there is an additional charge, per 1/10th-mile increment, payable to the service provider.
- Winching light vehicles - A qualified service provider will winch light duty vehicles from paved public roads. Vehicles will only be winched if it is safe to do so, and only if the operation will take no more than 30 minutes.
- Fuel delivery - A qualified service provider will deliver fuel (up to 3 gallons of gasoline or diesel) to a stranded vehicle. The service covers the delivery of the fuel only and not the cost of the fuel.
- Tire service - A qualified service provider will change the tire of vehicle provided the vehicle has an inflated spare tire. If no spare is available, then the vehicle will be towed.
- Battery service - A qualified service provider will jump-start a dead battery or make other minor roadside adjustments to start the vehicle. Expenses for more extensive repairs, parts, and labor are your responsibility.
Note: The Roadside Assistance program cannot ensure driver safety. If there are safety concerns, you should call the emergency services.
Activating Roadside Assistance in Reveal
Reveal will notify you when Roadside Assistance has been enabled for your account.
Each vehicle in your account needs to be activated in Reveal to avail of this service. A vehicle must have a valid vehicle identification number (VIN) to be activated.
If you have the required permissions, go to My Admin > Roadside Assistance for automatic registration to begin.
Successfully registered vehicles can avail of the service immediately. Vehicles with invalid or missing VINs will be flagged and can be updated or entered on the Roadside Assistance page.
How to request roadside assistance through Reveal
When requesting roadside assistance, call the service provider and give them the last 8 digits of the VIN of the vehicle requiring assistance, and the vehicle’s location.
To find the phone number and VIN in Live Map, do the following:
- Locate the vehicle on the map.
- Right-click on the vehicle and select Roadside Assistance from the menu. The phone number and VIN are displayed on the page.
From anywhere else in Reveal, do the following:
- Go to Help > Roadside Assistance.
- Locate the vehicle in the Coverage list. The phone number is displayed on the Roadside Assistance page.
Note: Roadside Assistance is not available in all areas, such as restricted roadways and toll roads. In these areas, the service may be limited by local traffic rules and regulations, and only service vehicles designated by local authorities are authorized to provide assistance. If you require assistance in one of these areas, the roadside assistance customer service representative will help you.
How drivers request roadside assistance
Drivers assigned to vehicles registered for Roadside Assistance can access the service from the Reveal Driver app.
In the app, drivers should do the following:
- In the menu, under Roadside Assistance, select CALL NOW.
- Provide the last 8 characters of the VIN.
- Provide the vehicle’s location, including the nearest major street or crossroad, if known.