Use Roadside Inspection mode
This article describes how to use the Roadside Inspection mode with its tabs 'Graph', 'Events & Stops', and 'Driver', as well as how to download and email your logs in Roadside Inspection mode.
- Enable and disable Roadside Inspection mode
- Use the 'Graphs' tab in Roadside Inspection mode
- Use the 'Events & Stops' tab in Roadside Inspection mode
- Use the 'Driver' tab in Roadside Inspection mode
- Download your logs in PDF format in Roadside Inspection mode
- Email your logs to the FMCSA in Roadside Inspection mode
Roadside Inspection mode provides access to logs for FMCSA inspectors. The inspector can navigate between the current day and the previous seven days of logs.
The header of the Status Log screen displays a summary of your standard hours of service (HOS) data elements, including the total time spent in each status, daily mileage, and total hours on duty (daily and cycle). Select the chevron icon to close the summary.
The inspector cannot see your HOS log certification status.
Enable and disable Roadside Inspection mode
You must enable inspection mode before giving the device to the inspector.
To enable Roadside Inspection mode:
- On the Dashboard, select Logs.
- Select the Roadside Inspection Mode icon:
The icon changes color to indicate that Roadside Inspection mode is active.
To disable Roadside Inspection mode:
- On the Status Log screen, select the Roadside Inspection Mode icon and change the status.
- Enter your password and select Login.
Use the 'Graph' tab
The Graph tab displays a 24-hour timeline of your activity on a single date. The graph runs from midnight to midnight.
By reading the graph from left to right, the inspector can view your status at a given time and the duration of that status. The vertical axis tracks the different statuses. The horizontal axis tracks time.
Special driving conditions (Yard Moves and Personal Use) are marked with a white dotted line on the graph. A legend to explain these conditions is also displayed.
Use the 'Events & Stops' tab
The Events & Stops tab lists the time and location at which each status in the 24-hour log period occurred.
In Roadside Inspection mode, the Events & Stops tab displays additional events that are not displayed in normal mode. The inspector can review status changes, diagnostic events, and unidentified miles associated with the connected vehicle.
The inspector can cause an entry to display additional information by selecting the chevron, including the following:
- Event code
- Event record status
- Trailer number
- Shipping reference
Use the 'Driver' tab
The Driver tab displays the driver details for the 24-hour log period, including the driver name, license number, carrier name and location, and US DOT number.
Download log as PDF
You can download a copy of your HOS logs for the past eight days for the inspector:
- On the Status Log screen, select the download icon:
- Select Printer friendly version (PDF).
- Save the PDF to the device.
Send log to the FMCSA by email
You can send a copy of your HOS logs for the past eight days to the inspector:
- Select the download icon:
- Select Send Logs to FMCSA.
- Enter a comment.
- By default, the app sends by web transfer. If this what you want to do, select Send.
- Alternatively, to send logs by email, select More Options, then Send Via Email, then Send.
You might be asked to try again if you have tried to share your logs, and your logs took longer than expected to sync. If you send your logs anyway, they might be incomplete. To check whether you have pending data in the LogBook app, see Troubleshoot incorrect or missing ELD logs > Check whether your logs failed to upload.