Update vehicle information
To open the Edit Vehicle, in Vehicle List, click the pencil icon next to the vehicle you want to edit.
The Edit Vehicle page includes the following tabs:
The following tabs will appear if you have the appropriate add-ons:
On the Details tab, you can edit the following fields:
- Vehicle name
- Vehicle number
- Vehicle registration number
- Odometer reading
- Total hours of engine use
- Groups the vehicle is a member of
We recommend that you change the default vehicle name and number to something more relevant to your organization. Do this will make it easier for you to search for and identify the vehicle in Reveal.
If you want to hide the vehicle from the filter list on Live Map, select the Hide from vehicle selections checkbox.
You may also see the following information depending on the features you have signed up for:
- Electronic Serial Number (ESN): This is the unique identifier of the GPS tracking device installed in the vehicle.
- Key Fob Alarm status: If you have the Driver ID feature, you will know if the alarm is sounding or not. You can also disable or enable the alarm here.
Driver Assignment tab
On the Driver Assignment tab, you can assign a driver to the vehicle, select the assignment period, and see the vehicle’s assignment history.
On the Group tab, you can add and remove the vehicle to and from groups.
On the Vehicle Information tab, add extra information to increase the accuracy of reports.
There are 3 sections on the Vehicle Information tab:
- Fuel use
In the Cost section, you can enter and edit the following information:
- Vehicle size: Choose Light-Duty, Medium-Duty, or Heavy-Duty.
- Vehicle cost: Enter the value of the vehicle.
- Vehicle Cost Per Mile/Kilometer: By default, this cost is taken from Account Preferences. To set a different cost for this vehicle, clear the checkbox and enter a value.
To ignore idling time information when a sensor is active, select the Ignore idle time when the following sensor is ON checkbox and select a sensor from the list.
In the Information and Fuel Use sections, you can enter and edit the following information:
- VIN: The vehicle identification number (VIN), is a unique 17-character code used by the automotive industry to identify vehicles.
- Year: The year of manufacture vehicle.
- Make: The manufacturer of the vehicle.
- Model: The model of the vehicle.
Fuel Type: Choose Diesel, Unleaded, or Electric - Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
Electric vehicles have the icon next to the vehicle name in the vehicle balloon and on the Vehicle Status tab on Live Map.
- Fuel Tank Capacity: The capacity of the vehicle’s fuel tank.
- Estimated Fuel Efficiency (City): The estimated fuel efficiency while driving in a city.
- Estimated Fuel Efficiency (Highway): The estimated fuel efficiency while driving on a highway.
Enter vehicle information with the VIN
You can quickly add vehicle information by entering the VIN.
To do this:
- In the VIN field, enter the vehicle’s VIN.
- Choose FIND.
- If the VIN is recognized, a dialog box appears with the information that will be changed or add. To accept the changes, choose UPDATE.
This tab is only visible to customers who have Engine Connect for Reveal.
On the DTC history tab, you can view diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) for the selected vehicles. To search for a DTC:
- Click Search by DTC that contains…
- In the search field, enter a keyword,
- Click Search.
This tab is only visible to customers who have the immobilization feature.
On the Immobilization tab, you can prevent a vehicle from being started, you can send an immobilization request to a vehicle’s tracking unit.
You can also see the vehicle’s immobilization history.