Download SD card videos
Download videos from your SD card to your device so you can:
- View videos that are not available in Video on Demand
- Share videos for insurance purposes
- Get videos from a broken camera
- Clear space on your SD card
Before you begin...
You will need:
- A key (provided with camera)
- A computer with an integrated SD card reader or with an external SD card reader attached
- An internet connection
Remove the SD card from the camera
To remove the SD card from the camera:
Turn off the ignition of the vehicle that is connected to the camera.
- Unlock the security cover using the key provided with the camera.
- Press the current SD card to remove it from the camera.
Transfer videos from your road-facing camera (model 2)
Download the VZC Player
You need the VZC player to browse videos on the SD card.
Download the VZC player for Mac or Windows to your computer.
- Open the VZC Player. It is not necessary to download the latest version of the player, so you can ignore the prompt to do so.
Find and play a video file
You need an SD card reader to carry out this procedure.
Insert the SD card into the SD card reader attached to your computer.
(It can take a few moments for the computer to recognize and display the contents of the SD card).
- In the VZC player, click the folder icon.
To find the file directory for the SD card, go to Media > normal > Date > Time.
The SD card directory is organized as follows:
- Folders are divided by date and time stamp for each file.
- Each date is broken into hourly segments.
- Each hour is broken into 10-minute intervals.
To locate the video, go to the date and time of the video needed.
Be aware that videos use Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). If you can’t find a video, the driver may have switched the camera to privacy mode.
- Select the date.
- Select the hour of the day (in 24-hour format).
- Select the video (MDT) file. (Files are split into 10 minutes segments. For example, 08:00, 08:10, and so on.)
- Select the video file you want to view and click Open.
- Enter the password 1972 and click OK.
- To watch the video, click Play.
Save a video to use later
To save a video as an MP4 for later use:
Click the video camera icon.
- Choose a location to save the file or save the file to the default location.
- Enter a file name or use the default name.
- To save the selected date and time range as an MP4 file, click Save.
Re-insert the SD card into the camera
- Once the video is successfully retrieved, remove the SD card from the SD card reader.
- Insert the SD card back into the SD slot on the camera.
- Replace the security cover and lock with the key.