How Integrated Video works
When a camera is installed in a vehicle, Integrated Video connects the camera footage with Reveal. Our AI software classifies unsafe driving behavior and harsh driving events, and sends a notification to watch a video.
- The camera is installed in the vehicle
- The camera starts recording
- Unsafe driving behavior is detected
- The driver hears an in-cab audio alert
- The cloud AI classifies the incident
- Reveal sends a notification
- You watch the video
To help reduce the number of unsafe driving behaviors, you can:
The camera is installed in the vehicle
You can use either the Spotlight app or the Integrated Video app to install a camera in a vehicle.
The camera starts recording
Once the engine turns on, the camera starts recording and continues until the engine is turned off.
Unsafe driving behavior is detected
When the vehicle's tracker or camera detects unsafe driving behavior on the road or in the cab, a video recording of the incident is made.
The cloud AI reviews footage based on the driver's behavior, such as hard acceleration or harsh cornering, and objects near the vehicle such as stop signs and other road users.
AI Dashcams detect unsafe driving behaviors and trigger alerts directly, streamlining this process.
The cloud AI begins to classify the incident.
The driver hears an in-cab audio alert
This feature is only available on AI Dashcams.
When the camera AI detects an incident, the driver hears an audio prompt in the cab. This notifies the driver of their behavior until they rectify the situation.
The cloud AI classifies the incident
The cloud AI classifies videos as Critical, Major, Moderate, or Minor to indicate how urgent they are. Learn more about how videos are classified.
Reveal sends a notification
You get notified when videos are available to watch in Reveal. To choose who is notified, update video alert policies.
You will continue to receive harsh driving notifications alongside these, unless you choose to turn them off.
You watch the video
You can access videos in various ways:
- Watch videos in Reveal on your computer.
- Watch videos in Replay on your computer.
- Watch videos in the Integrated Video app.
The video footage is accompanied by the following information:
An analysis including:
- Event triggers
- Unsafe driving behaviors
- A classification level
- A speed graph that shows the driver's speed before, during, and after the incident.
- The road's speed limit.
- The time and location of the incident.
- Driver details (if assigned) and vehicle details.
- Event activity details.
You decide on the appropriate action to take
After reviewing the video footage and event details, you can take any of the following actions:
Update the event’s Coaching status to:
- Review pending
- Coaching needed
- Coaching not needed
- Coaching complete
- Select the star icon to add the video to the Starred tab. This allows you to find important videos quickly.
- Add a comment in the Event activity section.
- View the Driver safety profile (if a driver is assigned).
Download the video.
You coach your driver in safer driving habits
In the Video > Drivers tab you can select any driver to view their Driver safety profile.
Profile data helps you to identify how this driver can maintain or improve safer driving habits over time.
Once you have coached a driver, update the event’s Coaching status to Coaching complete.
It is important to assign drivers to vehicles for the coaching feature to be useful. Assignment ensures data consistency for evaluating driver performance.