Edit your ELD logs or add a status to your logs
You can add or edit the statuses Off-Duty (OF), On-Duty (ON), and Sleeper Berth (SB), as long as their times do not overlap with an existing Driving (DR) status.
You cannot add or edit a Driving (DR) status. The only driving time you can edit in your logs is time recorded as Off Duty - Personal Use and On Duty - Yard Moves. This is as per FMCSA guidelines.
Changes to your logs might be required if you have forgotten to go off duty before logging out and you are now in violation or have not received your cycle reset as expected.
Changes to your logs might be required in the following situations:
- You have forgotten to go off duty before logging out.
- You have received a warning or violation message because of incorrect status changes. See Troubleshoot violations and warnings for more information.
- You have not received your daily or cycle reset because of incorrect status changes. See Troubleshoot missing resets for more information.
- Your vehicle did not switch into or out of the Driving status properly because of connectivity issues. See Troubleshoot connectivity issues for more information.
- Your administrator suggested some carrier edits or unidentified miles to you that you have accepted. This means there are potentially further changes that you need to make to the logs.
- You accepted some unidentified miles that were recorded on your vehicle. This means there are potentially further changes that you need to make to the logs.
- After you add a status, you cannot delete it or change the start time. You can, however, change the status to a different status, if it is not to a Driving status.
- If you have forgotten to go Off Duty before logging out, you can edit your logs (with limitations) or contact your administrator.
- If your logs are incorrect, you can correct the logs by adding a status or editing them. If you are unable to make the changes required, contact your supervisor. Your supervisor can make the same changes to your logs. You can accept these changes as part of proposed carrier edits.
- Your administrator can make changes to your logs only if you have certified your logs.
- If you edit a log that has been certified, you must certify the log again.
Edit driving time
The only driving time you can edit in your logs is time recorded as Off Duty - Personal Use and On Duty - Yard Moves. This is as per FMCSA guidelines.
If you try to make a change that results in an HOS violation, the app warns you. However, the app does not prevent you from making the change.
Edit non-driving time
To edit a status that is non-driving time:
- In the navigation bar, in the lower part of the screen, tap Logs. The Status Log screen is displayed. Select the correct date for which you want to view a log.
- Select the EVENTS & STOPS tab, and then tap ADD/EDIT.
- Next to the event you want to edit, tap EDIT.
- Change the details as required. You cannot edit the start time of a status. You can edit all other fields. If you do need to edit the start time, add a status for the time you would like it to start or reach out to your administrator to propose this change. (For example, if you have an Off Duty status at 10 AM that you would like to change to 9:30 AM you can add an Off Duty status at 9:30 AM).
- Check that each field has the correct information for the new status and then tap SAVE in the lower part of the screen.
Add a status
To add a new status to your logs:
- In the navigation bar, in the lower part of the screen, tap Logs. The Status Log screen is displayed. Select the correct date for which you want to view a log. The GRAPH shows the various statuses and the hours spent in those statuses for that date. From the information shown on the graph, you will see when you can add or edit a status. It must be outside of existing Driving time. (For more information on how to read the graph, see View your logs).
- Select the EVENTS & STOPS tab.
- Tap ADD to create a new status in the log for the selected day. If you already have logs for the day, the button is labeled as ADD/EDIT.
- Tap ADD NEW STATUS.
- Choose a start time for the event, check that each field has the correct information for the new status, fill in any empty fields, and then tap SAVE in the lower part of the screen.
- If you create a status that causes a violation in your hours of service, you will receive a warning.
You must decide if you want to accept or reject the violation.
If you accept the violation, you must edit your statuses (see below), or add new statuses, until you are no longer in violation.
If you reject the violation, the new status or edit is not saved.